What is Sporting Schools?
Sporting Schools is a $240 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children's participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities.
Sporting Schools programs are provided free to children and their families to help students build the confidence and capability to be active for life.
To help achieve this, Sport Australia has partnered with more than 30 national sporting organisations (NSOs) including Gymnastics Australia. There is a program for primary schools, and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools.
For more information please see https://www.sportaus.gov.au/schools
Why Should I be Involved in Sporting Schools?
- Expose gymnastics to more kids in more schools
- Opportunity to link with local schools
- Opportunity to deliver programs before, during or after school
- Access grant funding to support delivery
- Opportunity to increase membership
- Further employment for coaches
Who Can Get Involved?
Affiliated club and coaches that wish to deliver as part of Sporting Schools, will need to be endorsed and meet the Gymnastics Australia and the ASC minimum requirements:
- Coaches will need to hold a current Intermediate Coach accreditation or above (any Gymsport)
- Coaches will need to hold a current technical membership with Gymnastics Australia
- Coaches will have to hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Clubs and private providers will need to be affiliated with Gymnastics Australia
For more information on Sporting Schools, please see http://www.launch-pad.org.au/LaunchPad/Sporting_Schools/LaunchPad/Sporting_Schools/Sporting_Schools.aspx?
How Do I Register?
1. Visit the Sporting School website www.sportingschools.gov.au
2. Refer to the registration section of the Club Guide
, for step by step instructions
For further information please visit the Sporting Schools tab on LaunchPad website
If you would like to learn more about Sporting Schools and how you can involve your club, please contact email@example.com
or 03 8698 9700 (dial 5).