24 June 2019
Coming into the Junior season, as well as QLD Club Championships from the 28th June - 2nd July, some friendly reminders for competitions:
Coaches Competition Attire: Technical Regulations, Page 33 - Section 12.3
- Leggings, bike pants, jeggings, jeans, denim attire, cargo shorts/pants or short shorts will not be permitted on the competition floor
- Shorts are not permitted at Queensland State Championships and QLD Club Championships
Judges Competition Attire: Technical Regulations, Page 34 - Section 13.2
- Wear the correct judges uniform being of corporate attire - navy skirt or trousers, navy jacket, white blouse/top, enclosed shoes. Skirts should be of modest length. Navy leggings are not to be worn
Competition Etiquette for both coaches and judges
- Coaches are asked to please be respectful and allow the judges space to discuss their evaluations without listening into the conversation or looking at the judges pages
- Enquiries are for D-Score only, and these are to be directed to the Jury only. Coaches are not permitted to enquire to the judges panel regarding the evaluation of an athlete’s routine
- Coaches are not permitted to take videos/photos whilst on the Competition floor
WAG Technical Chairperson - Casual Vacancy
Due to recent changes, the SMC Chairperson position has become a casual vacancy and will be filled as per the 2019 Gymsport Regulations, page 10 section 2.3.4.
Gymnastics Queensland is calling for nominees to fill the casual vacancy to complete the current term of the position (until the next SPTA in September 2019). Please send all nomination forms to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Friday 28th June 2019.
Nomination Form can be found here.
For all questions on the role of Technical Chairperson, please contact WAG Gymsport Manager, Rebecca Carter on 0488 219 534 or 3036 5610.
Junior Development Clinic - Wednesday 3rd July
The Junior Development Clinics will be available to all Queensland level 4 - 6 athletes, coaches and clubs throughout Queensland, with the objective to provide excellent learning and development opportunities.
Our next clinic for the year will be held at the GQ HPC on Wednesday 3rd July, the day after State Clubs. The clinic is open to any gymnasts and coaches, with a limit of 2 athletes/coach.
To find out more about the Junior Development Clinic please click here.
At the session we will have the following presenters:
Registrations have been extended to Friday 21st June - Registration form available here.
If you have questions on the Junior Development Clinic, please contact the WAG Program Manager, Rebecca Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3036 5610.
Reminder – Upcoming WAG Courses
Don’t miss out on enrolling in the following upcoming courses:
5 July, MAG/WAG/GfA/ACR/TUM Tumbling & Spring (Module 1) (Mackay) Closes Tuesday
14 July, WAG Intermediate Coaches Course (BNE)
See the GQ Education Calendar for more details. All enrolments are processed via the Learning Management System (LMS). All late enrolments are subject to availability and incur a 25 % late enrolment fee.
FIG Level 2 Academy Applications Open
FIG Level 2 Academy for MAG, WAG, RG, TRP/TUM, & AER will be held at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra from Thursday 12th December until Thursday 19th December 2019.
These courses will be an incredible learning opportunity for any coach with an Advanced or higher coach accreditation and should not be missed!
Closing Date for Enrolments: 30 June 2019
For more information, click here.